But no, he was trying to start a fire with a Les Stroud "prison match" that he saw on "Survivorman."
It was so funny. On the same day that my friend LaRae posted pictures of her husband trying to start a fire with a Survivorman "fire bow," David brought Dad a late birthday present- "Survivorman" DVDs. We had never seen the Discovery Channel show before, but five episodes later we are hooked. (I think Les must be a little bit crazy, but Jeff thinks he is COOL!)
If you looked at LaRae's pictures, you'll see that obviously the prison match (made from an empty, broken cigarette lighter, a tissue, and a flint) is more effective than the fire bow (though rarely as available in a real emergency.)
Think Tom Hanks in "Castaway." It must just be a guy thing!
6 comments:
Dad, Dad, Dad. I just don't know about you. You are pretty hilarious.
While Survivorman is probably more informative, I enjoy watching Man vs. Wild a little more. Both are great shows though! Is it odd that three of my all-time favorite shows are on the Discovery Channel?
Way to go on the prison match!
Okay, Matthew. So what's the third one??
I love the Discovery Channel!
Hi Linda,
Just saw your post on my blog. It was so nice to hear from you. I actually hadn't seen the pumpkin picture of Aubrey until after I read your comment, but it is very cute! And she didn't look too bothered by it. Guess the pumpkins are warmer down there.
It's been fun to read about how your family is doing on all of these blogs. :)
Hooray - another survivorman! Too funny. I asked Brad if he had heard of the prison match - and of course, he had. Maybe Brad will try that one next!
Post a Comment