Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Disneyland Again


(You COULD read that title in a bored tone. But you will NEVER hear it that way from ME!)


Two weekends ago the Junior High orchestra, choir, and band played at a music festival in Fullerton, California. Part of the trip included a visit to the Magic Kingdom and California Adventure. My friends Leisel and Kimberly and I were a little nervous about sending our "babies" on a trip alone, so we decided to "just happen" to be in the same hotel and the same amusement park that same weekend...Good sneaky plan, eh?


We had such a good time! Here Leisel stands under the Golden Gate Bridge at the entrance to California Adventure. Kimberly had never been here before, so we rode all the fun rides-Soarin' Over California, California Screamin', and the Hollywood Tower of Terror. My knees did some good shaking.


My pictures were not very good, but I thought this one of Kimberly in the Tower of Terror line was cute. (We couldn't be WITH the "independent girls," but we did have to stay in constant-encouragement-mode phone contact with them. They were a little hesitant on some of the rides.)


Maddie, Savannah, Rebecca and their friend Erin. Once they finally got their courage up to go on the Matterhorn the first time they went back for THREE more rides! It's a little sad to see these babies getting so grown up...


One of my favorite things at Disneyland is the landscaping.


Aren't the flowers beautiful?


So much variety...


and color...

Can you tell this is just one of my favorite places??

3 comments:

LM said...

Ah, that was a fun trip! Thanks for letting me tag along.

Becca said...

this looked like a fun trip. I very much agree that one of the best parts is the landscape. I enjoy the beautiful flowers and plants and wish very much that I had my own place to have a garden as nice as theirs.

LaRae said...

This gets me excited! Our school choir gets to perform in Disneyland in mid-May (right before I come up to Fairview) - Do I have a fun month coming up or what?