Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I've been PAID!

Yesterday I received an exciting and unexpected package in the mail.


It had this beautiful, handmade card from my niece, Elisabeth.

Remember this fun post last year?

Elisabeth sent me this cool plaque for my Pay-It-Forward.



It's kind of hard to tell from the photo, but it is all made with tiny, artistically placed glitter! It is based on a Greg Olsen painting called "White as Snow." I can't imagine how she did it. It's pretty amazing.


I am displaying it on this wood stand on a shelf next to my red wall. It looks really nice.

If you see this before you get my thank you note, I LOVE IT that you made this for me, Elisabeth. Thanks so much!

To Leisel and Jessica: I have had it in my mind all year that I had until April to get your "Pay-It-Forwards" to you. After pulling up last year's post, I see they are already overdue! Please know that they are really cool and they are almost done!! (I won't mention that they've been almost done for six months now...I will finish them quickly and get them to you.)

To see what I have done so far for my "Pay-It Forwards" see these posts:

Kelly

Jill


Yours will be worth waiting for, Leisel and Jessica. (Ha, ha!)

3 comments:

LM said...

Dang, I think that means I'm going to have to pay it forward. I thought that I did some advance paying but now I cannot even remember!!

Jessica B Photography said...

I'm in the same boat as Leisel. I've known I have to pay-it-forward sometime, but with the idea I've been toying with, I'm being a perfectionist about it. So it's taking a looooong time. I don't think I will tailor mine to each person who won though. They will all get the same thing. :) So sweet of you though! I'm almost nervous to see your awesomeness!

Elisabeth said...

I am so glad you liked it! I have been out of the blogosphere for awhile, and was SO excited to get your card this weekend! I am only sorry that it's taken this long for me to get it to you- I just never found time to take it to the UPS store. :)