
These kids will not have that problem.

Amy let them help her make homemade-from-scratch Italian gnocchi Tuesday. (Not only did I not know how to make it, I didn't even know what it WAS till my adventurous-eater children introduced me to it. )

Aubrey love to "roll it to me" on the gnocchi paddle.
Tyler tries his hand at rolling.
I wasn't a big fan of gnocchi at first, but they are starting to grow on me. As Amy says, "It's all about the sauce." These were served with homemade pesto sauce and meat marinara sauce. Yum.
6 comments:
Those look awesome! I would love to try that recipe some time. I've always wondered how they were made. Another super yummy sauce is melted butter with minced basil! Ah, heavenly!!!
The kids look totally engaged in this activity! I have to admit that tacos & spaghetti are STILL 2 of my favorite meals & I wish my kids liked them more! Plus - they are so easy to make!
Okay, I have never heard of it either. You had better learn how to make it and teach us all when we get together again. It sounds like a winner with the pesto sauce!
For the gnocchi you should try the vodka marinara sauce at trader joes..sprinkle a little fresh parmesan on top...yum yum. It is delicious!
Aubrey & Tyler are 100% engrossed in the project. Look at their faces. I can still remember the smell of fresh dough when mom baked pies in my childhood. It's like the smell of that white paste we used in 2nd grade. A sense-memory. How nice to see children learning with Amy instead of being babysat by a TV. Three cheers. xoxo Miss Amy
Homemade?!??!?! I love gnocchi. My mouth is watering....
Post a Comment